In my last social media blog post I looked at how using polls in your Instagram stories can be beneficial to your business. Here is my step by step guide to creating a poll on your IG Story.
Creating an Instagram poll
1. Start by creating a story post. This can be done by tapping the camera icon in the top left of your screen or swiping right across your screen from anywhere in your feed. Take a picture as your background or alternatively swipe down on the screen to find a list of pictures you can use from your photo library (these are any pictures taken within the last 24 hours). Ideally the story image should be related to your poll to have a greater impact. Use any desired stickers, filters and doodles, remembering to leave room for your poll.
Select poll feature
2. To create a poll, tap on the Sticker icon at the top of the Story screen (the square with the face). Select the Poll sticker option.
Craft your question
3. You will see an option to create a question, with two boxes containing ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ in them. Tap on the question or the ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ boxes to edit their content. You can ask your audience any question you like! You can also edit the answers to a maximum of 26 characters. At this point however you are limited to two responses.
Position your poll
4. After you have finished crafting your question and responses place your poll in the desired position on your story. Do this by tapping the tick or done button that will be showing in the right hand corner. It is possible to drag the poll around. Pinch the poll sticker to make it larger or smaller.
Post your finished poll!
5. Now it is time to share your poll by completing your post and adding it to your stories as you would do with any other story!